Friday, January 30, 2015

Hardwired by Meredith Wired

Title: Hardwired by Meredith Wild
Genre: Adult Romance
Date: January 29, 2015
Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars

I really enjoyed this book. It was similar to other books I've read in the past. The whole investor/rich guy, dates the girl who is working to become herself. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Just read it. It is a four book series I believe.



Determined to overcome a difficult past, Erica Hathaway learns early on to make it on her own. Days after her college graduation, she finds herself face to face with a panel of investors who will make or break her fledgling startup. The only thing she didn’t prepare for was going weak in the knees over an arrogant and gorgeous investor who seems determined to derail her presentation.

Billionaire and rumored hacker Blake Landon has already made his fortune in software, and he’s used to getting what he wants. Captivated by Erica’s drive and unassuming beauty, he’s wanted nothing more than to possess her since she stepped into his boardroom. Determined to win her over, he breaks down her defenses and fights for her trust, even if it means sacrificing a level of control he’s grown accustomed to.

But when Blake uncovers a dark secret from Erica’s past, he threatens not just her trust, but the life she’s fought so hard to create.
SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

So this book starts off with Erica and her graduating from college. She is trying tog et an investment on her online site, a fashion website. So when she goes in front of a panel of possible investors, she is greeted by the man who she ran into the other day when she was out to eat. The cocky man who's name is Blake basically tries to get her nervous and flustered during the meeting. It was actually kind of funny. I really enjoyed Blake's personality.

When Erica's friend and co-owner moves to New York City to live with Blake's brother, she is left alone with her other kind friend to run the online store. Not only this, but when she rents a new home it ends up being right under Blake's.

Don't get me wrong, the sex in this book was hot. There was plenty of it too. But, their relationship really kind of pissed me off at times. The fact that Erica wasn't able to stay in one place was frustrating. She just kept running away from him every time something didn't go her way. I mean if someone gave me 4 million dollars, I would be grateful. Especially if they were forcing it upon myself. But, I do see where she is coming from, she has worked hard for this site and doesn't want anyone else running it, and she doesn't want to take anyone down if it ends up crashing.

When Erica finally meant her father, I wasn't expecting her step brother to be the man who raped her in college. My mouth literally dropped open when she realized it was him. Talk about a plot twist. I seriously wasn't expecting that.

All together I enjoyed this book immensely. I will be buying and reading the next book. I recommend this to anyone who likes adult romance, and a bit of a domineering male character! Happy Reading!

~Alysia

No comments:

Post a Comment