Friday, January 2, 2015

Filthy Rich by Dawn Ryder

Filthy Rich by Dawn Ryder
ARC recieved by NetGalley
January 2, 2015
2 out of 5 Stars












SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Well this was one of those books where It's hard for me to get into. Up until this book I had yet to read any books written by Dawn Ryder. Even though this book seamed like two diffrent books, the first part of the book in Alaska, and the second part when she headed back to LA. I wouldn't have continued If I hadn't reached that second part.

SHE'S FIGHTING FOR CONTROL...

Celeste Connor swore that she'd never be a victim again. After the hell of her abusive ex, the last thing she needs is to be under another man's thumb. But when she catches the eye of fiercely dominant Nartan Lupan at her best friend's wedding, Celeste finds herself drawn into a glittering world of wealth and power that has her body aching and her mind reeling.

HE'S FIGHTING TO MAKE HER HIS...

Nartan is a filthy rich businessman who works hard, plays harder, and doesn't take no for an answer-and he wants Celeste with a hunger he's never before felt. He'll do whatever it takes to have her. But Nartan didn't expect that he'd want still more...
You can tell that Celeste had her gaurd up due to her ex, that abbusive fucker (Pardon my french). I mean I do understand that it was just something she formed to protect herself from people so they couldn't hurt her like her ex did. She was closed off emotionally and didn't really like talking to  people.

While at her best friends wedding in Alaska she meets a man named Taran. It was basically insta-love. I hate insta-love. When she tries to push him away, he doesn't stay away. When she wants alone time, he follows her. I mean whats up with him following her through the woods at the beginning of the book. I was thoroughly frustrated with this book.

I normally don't do those insta-love books. The whole 'as soon as we met each other's eyes I was planning my wedding' sort of deal is not my cup of tea. Even though I didn't like this particular book, don't stop that from dictating whether or not you read it.


No comments:

Post a Comment