Sunday, January 11, 2015

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
January 11, 2015
2 out of 5 Stars

This book wasn't the best book in the world, but it did keep me somewhat entertained. The author threw in a bunch of different twists and turns that I wasn't expecting, but there wasn't much to the story. It didn't take me all that long to read, I started it this morning and just now finished it. So if your looking for a fast read, this is a book that you should look into.



New soul
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

No soul
Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

Heart
Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?
SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

So Ana is a New Soul, but she considers herself a 'No Soul'. She is extremely beaten down at the short age of eighteen. When she finally leaves home after her eighteenth birthday, she wants to go to the city of Heart to learn why she was born. You see in this world souls are reborn, and most souls are thousands of years old. And that's where Ana is different. She is a New Soul. As in she was just born, she has no previous lives, such as everyone else. This makes her an outcast.

To be honest, I like strong willed characters. Characters who don't break easy. Ana is definitely not one of those characters, that's why I gave this book such a low rating. Ana is cautious, she is nervous, she thinks that shes not allowed to love someone. But, I don't blame her for that though. You can blame her 'mother for that'. Her mother was a retched bitch. Ana couldn't even touch something that wasn't hers without getting hit. She's always flinching away from people in this book. I cant stand people who treat other people like that.

Then we have the romance. One of those romances where one person is so dependent on the other, that they just fall in love with them. Just because there is no one else there to love her. I. Hate. Those. Type. Of. Romances! I mean really? I see where the author was heading with this though. Sam does teach her how to play the piano, and the flute. I just don't know how I feel about their relationship. Personally I would never get into a relationship that way.

Ana was basically told that either she lives and learns with Sam or she cant stay in Heart and learn about herself, and why she was born. She is given a curfew, she has checkups to see how her training is coming along, and she cant go anywhere alone. This book made me feel fifty shades of fucked up. I. Cant.

I did like the whole reincarnation aspect though, and the dragons. The dragons were cool even though they tried to kill everyone. But I mean, they would reincarnate anyway. So no big deal. Some of these people were thousands of years old, they knew a lot. Witnessed a lot. It is kind of incredible to think about, how these people remember every single one of their memories.

I most likely wont be reading the final two books. Also, I would only recommend this book to those of you who disagree with my opinions above, or if you need a short, quick book. Just because I didn't like it, doesn't mean you wont. Give it a try. Happy Reading!

~Alysia


No comments:

Post a Comment